Monday, February 4, 2008

Thing 4 - Explore Flickr

I spent quite a bit of time working with this "thing". I see where I would use Flickr for managing my personal photos. I can also find some application in my professional life for exchanging large files that get flagged through email systems. The Library of Congress site was amazing. There are many classroom use options. I believe that thought should be put into the tags. I found that when I searched some keywords, I was getting hits that really had no noticable connection to the picture. Good cataloging enables good retrieval.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Hey, check out how I use Flickr for our library:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/csbsjulibrary

We're going to post our campus Reads posters on here soon, too, and hopefully other things in the future.

I'm glad to see you explored Flick, I absolutely love it!

If you have any questions, just ask, I'm a CMLE coach for 23 Things.